Thursday, May 12, 2011

Boys...Easter

       Pinch me.  I know I say this A LOT...but there has never been a day that's gone by that I am in awe of how God has blessed me with three healthy boys.  I can remember being younger and thinking and praying for my children.  I longed to have little boys so much.  I grew up a tom-boy (imagine that!) and I just could never picture myself with a girl.  Don't get me wrong...if I had a little girl I know I would love her just as much as these boys!  She'd have some scarry looking hair-do's...a hat would be a must!  Back to the boys...I'm saying all of this because I truly am overwhelmed, really speechless, by the Lord's blessings in my life.  Has raising a two year old along with 8 month old twins been hard- yes!  But, this is what I dreamed of!  I remind myself daily that God doesn't give me more than I can bare.  Grace for the moment. And at times, there can be a lot of those moments!!!  I have been given the opportunity, along with Matt, to raise up warriors for Christ.  How cool is that!?!   Daily we pray for their spouses...that they will be equally yoked and that they would bring others to the Lord.  We pray for the three of them to have a close Christ-centered bond as brothers.  I long to see them growing up...having a blast together!  At times, the past eight months have been very difficult...hard...seemingly unbearable.  BUT, when I was overwhelmed was when I was not in communication with God.  All He wants is for me to talk to Him.  Rest in Him.  Praise Him. Confide in Him.  Is this the last time I will chat about this...no.  : ) I just want to encourage others- in the middle of sometimes "difficult" (or what we think is difficult) circumstances, look for God.  He's there.  And I promise you there IS good that is coming from the situation.
Sawyer and Shephard venturing under the activity center

Daddy and his boys




    For Easter, we had Britt, Don, Suess, Nannie and Kim over for dinner.  Hamburgers, French-fries, babked beans- YUMMY!! Quite the Easter spread...ha! After dinner we decided to decorate some Easter eggs.  Sanders would pick them up and say "stinky eggs."  He then wanted everybody to smell the stinky eggs.  He's got a god sense of humor!
Nannie and Sawyer

3-D glasses


Stinky egg!

Cheese

Suess and Sanders

The fam...and Matt looks like the blind man with his glasses on


No comments: