Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independance Day

    For the fourth we decided to pack up the cars and head up to Lake Martin.  On Thursday Matt, me and the kiddos headed up and visited Grandma and Grandpa in Wetumpka.  We had a good time visiting and letting them love and play with the children.  On Friday we ventured to the lake and that's when the fun began!  The Creels and Lawsons joined in on the fun.  Six adults + eight hoodlums + Balderdash + Toy Story + Chimney Rock + Fireworks + Noodling + Flat Tire + Water Slide + Boat + Tubing + Yummy Food (Ryan hoarding over the desserts) + the witching hour + lots more = non-stop fun!
    Let's talk about Chimney Rock.  I've gone to the lake for about ten years now and I've always said "nope...not going to do it...people who do are crazy morons." I guess I fit into that category now.  I don't know what got into me.  Ryan Creel went and when he finished I thought maybe I could do it.  When it was time for me to go, Lee and I jumped off the boat.  Little did we know that Ryan was laughing at us saying it was the scariest thing he had ever done.  When I got up to the top I just stared at the water...thinking Jesus and I were about to meet.  I finally jumped and after I did I vowed to never do it again.  I was alive, but OH.MY.SOUL!!!!
    The weekend was a lot of fun and full of memories that will last a long time!  I'm so thankful that we were able to go and have friends to take along with us!

Sanders and Knox watching Toy Story

Sawyer and Greer

Knox and Sanders in the tub

Ryan and Teal

Chimney Rock

Lee the lifeguard

Foxie Knox

Murphy and Sanders on the boat

Captain Shephard

Ryan jumping

Yummy PBJ

Jumping Ninja Style

Lee about to jump

Teal, Regan and me noodling

Teal and Regan surveying the scene

Regan jumping

Matt reading to Trotter and Sanders

1 comment:

Kat said...

your crazy! I can't believe you did that!!