Soccer for a 2 1/2 year old. Interesting. DAILY, the Lord teaches me about my life with the kids. DAILY. Soccer has become my lesson on Thursdays. The first two weeks were agonizing. Sanders cried and wanted to be held the whole time. Really? The child who runs into the Y nursery. The one who is excited about Sunday school? The one who plays well at the park, ignoring mom the whole time because he's having fun with his friends? I was in shock the first two weeks because of his crying and wanting mommy. I learned- He's young, he won't be young forever. I'll look back one day and long for him to be running into my arms, crying for me. For a 2 1/2 year old, I needed to lower my expecations. Since then, I decided if he stayed on the field, in the white lines, I didn't care what he did. And that's what has happened. He's stayed on the field for the past two weeks. Don't doubt, he's picked grass, corrupted another little boy to play ring around the rosey over and over, pretended the goal was his house, picked up cones, walked around and around the white outline of the field, and acted like a dying bug on the ground- arms and legs flailing in the air. It's really humorous to watch! He's touched the ball three times...once to kick and the other times to pick up and run around. But...he's having fun. And that's all that matters. I've learned to sit back, relax, and enjoy myself watching he and his personality blooming!







 |
| Add caption |
 |
| My child isn't the only one picking up the cones...the blur is the coaches daughter |
 |
| Daddy giving an encouraging word |
No comments:
Post a Comment