Before football began, Matt and I decided that this would be the year to take Sanders to his first game. I absolutely love Auburn football. And I absolutely LOVE watching the games. I'm not a wife who likes to attend the games just to say I went. I go to cheer on the team...to yell and scream and celebrate when great things happen...and to TRY to be a positive and up-beat fan when great things don't happen! So, we wanted him to go, but not to a big game...not yet.
Homecoming was really late this year and that's the game we chose. Matt got off early on the Friday before the game and we headed up to the lake. We made a pit stop at Red Robin for dinner and Bruesters for dessert. Sanders was on cloud nine and didn't know what to do with himself with just mom and dad...no brothers. (Britt and Mom were AWESOME and kept the munchkins for us.)
On Saturday we woke up and headed into Auburn. We took Sanders to Tiger Walk and he got a glimpse of Aubie and the cheerleaders. We went into the game and after two cups of boiled peanuts, M&M's, popcorn and drink, it was time to exit for nap time. He lasted until the third quarter...I was proud of him! I don't know if he can remember or will remember going, but it was a very special weekend for me and Matt. Auburn is a special place for many reasons...one being that Matt and I met and started dating there 11 years ago! War Eagle!
 |
| Sanders and Max on the car ride up |
 |
| Daddy and Sanders |
 |
| Sanders sitting and watching the game |
 |
| Mommy and Sanders...he was saying War Eagle as we snapped the picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment