I've been looking for an advent tree for a very long time. You know when you see something and you just know that it's it...that particular thing is exactly what you have been looking for?!? I was over at a friends house one day and she had just received the pottery barn kids advent tree. One look and I knew it was it. But, I didn't want to spend the $80 on it. So...I decided to make one myself. My mom had made my sister and me an advent calendar when we were growing up and that made it very special. Hopefully the boys will feel the same! Next year I promise to do a tutorial on it...I'll just show the finished product now, minus the star on top. It took me several nap times to make...but I was so excited when I finished!
 |
| Pottery Barn Kids Advent tree |
 |
| Hall's Advent tree- front |
 |
| Pretty fabric on the back |
I also decided to make something for the family for Thanksgiving. One day the turkey idea just popped into my head. Sanders feet are all of the big ones...Sawyer's print is on the right and Shephard's is on the left. It took some deep breaths getting their feet printed, but I loved the way it turned out! Up top I wrote (with a brown sharpie paint pen): 1 Chronicles 16:34, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever."
No comments:
Post a Comment